Re: 2.1 Install & Bootloader

Subject: Re: 2.1 Install & Bootloader
From: David Chart (linux@dchart.demon.co.uk)
Date: Mon Jan 07 2002 - 20:01:12 MST

--On 7/1/02 18:26 -0500 Avinash Gupta wrote:

> What did you change in /etc/fstab?

I removed the line for the bootstrap partition.

> You should not have to change anything
> manually ...

ybin would not run while /boot was mounted, and umount would not unmount
it, saying it was busy (the current directory was nowhere near /boot).

> also, when you boot with cd-linux, what is the root= that
> you use?

/dev/hda12 -- that's set correctly in yaboot.conf

> What does your /etc/yaboot.conf look like?

It's wrong. (I figured it out after I went to bed.) The image is named
/vmlinux, and there's no such image on /boot. The image is called
vmlinux-2.4.10-12a. /vmlinux-2.4.1--12a doesn't work either, so I'm going
to play with file prefixes. If someone can tell me what it should say, that
might well speed things up.

Thanks.

David Chart