Re: 2.1 Modem Configuration

Subject: Re: 2.1 Modem Configuration
From: Andy Hocker (hocker@fnal.gov)
Date: Mon Jan 07 2002 - 23:25:24 MST

On Tue, 8 Jan 2002, David Chart wrote:

> Now, I can connect, kppp tells me I'm connected and gets the right IP
> addresses from my ISP, so I really am, but no internet applications seem to
> be able to reach the internet -- they just don't send anything over the
> network.

It looks like you're hitting all the same problems I did about
a month ago! You can find the solution to this one in the list
archives, but I'll sum it up for you.

As root, type "/sbin/route". If you see "eth0" listed as "default,"
that's your problem. It's trying to send everything through eth0.
Still as root, type "/sbin/route del default". Then reconnect to
your ISP and you should be good to go.

Cheers,
Andy

Andy Hocker office: CDF trailer 168-O
University of Rochester phone: (630)-840-8622
Fermilab/CDF - M.S. 318 fax: (630)-840-2968
PO Box 500 e: hocker@fnal.gov
Batavia, IL 60510 hey ho: let's go