Re: Installer hangs during while formatting partition

Subject: Re: Installer hangs during while formatting partition
From: H Brett Bolen (wingedlizard@nc.rr.com)
Date: Wed Jan 09 2002 - 11:07:29 MST

I tried installing many distributions on my pre-g3 mac clone,
which has 80mg ram.

The only distribition that would work for me is TEXT based install
of mandrake linux ppc. Every other distribition that I tried needed
more than my 80Mg ram. The only reason the mandrake one worked,
is that I could do away with X, and install using a console.

There may be other ways to install ydl and the other distribitions
that don't require x, but I'd say the major problem is that you
don't have enough ram.

b\375