Imac DV SE/500 video

Subject: Imac DV SE/500 video
From: Chris Boot (bootc@worldnet.fr)
Date: Wed Jan 09 2002 - 13:31:35 MST

Hi all,

I'm the proud owner of an iMac DV SE/500 (with an ATI Rage 128 Pro inside)
and have been having trouble getting the aty128fb framebuffer driver working
at all. Whenever I add "video=aty128fb:1024x768-32@75" to the kernel
arguments, all I get is a black screen. The only way to boot is with
"video=ofonly". That resolution works fine under Mac OS. I've also tried
"video=aty128fb:vmode:16,cmode:32", which had the same effect. Same with no
extra video arguments whatsoever.

Anyone got any idea? I remember I had it working at one point with an early
2.4.x kernel on LinuxPPC 2000 (not Q4), but obviously I can't remember it
too well...

Thanks,

--
Chris Boot
bootc@mac.com

"Unix is user friendly. It's just selective when choosing friends."