Re: Yellow Dog Linux 2.1 and Power Mac G4 w/Radeon - Absolute newbie

Subject: Re: Yellow Dog Linux 2.1 and Power Mac G4 w/Radeon - Absolute newbie
From: Juan Manuel Palacios (jmpalacios@mac.com)
Date: Wed Jan 09 2002 - 20:22:50 MST

        Hello Aram and welcome to the list. Just like you I am new here but
I think I can help you a bit with general suggestions. The information
you provide as to why your graphic environment is not working at full
resolution is a bit too vague for us to help you with exact and clear
instructions. You have to tell us something more precise for what you've
done and the errors you got. What exactly did you write in your
yaboot.conf file?, have you tweaked your XFree86Config-4 file to test
other settings than the defaults? are the modules for your graphic card
loaded?

        Well, first of all I think I should ask you if you are informed
about the things I just asked you here. Why don't you try issuing the
fan "lsmod" and tell me what it says.

        If you tell me about these things I could be of more help to you,
but it's hard debugging any problem with the little info you provided.

        Regard,...

                Juan.