mkfs.ext2 -

Subject: mkfs.ext2 -
From: david wright (dwright5@nyc.rr.com)
Date: Wed Jan 09 2002 - 22:31:19 MST

Two part question. (+1)

1. I have 1.7GB of "unallocated" space on my primary drive. My last
filesystem now, is dev/hda13. Can i use mkfs.ext2 dev/hda14 to create a
new ext2 filesystem? (That will not interfere with any pre-existing data
or partitions, of course)

2. Can i convert a 1 GB HFS+ filesystem (seperate partition, the 6th
partition of 8 on secondary drive [hdb]) to ext2, without any data loss
on the other partitions?

3. I know that Linux can read HFS+ but not write to it. how can i see
the data contained on all my hfs+ partitions from the command line?
mount? (I haven't run mol yet, i know that should work)

As usual, thanks for the amazing resources, insight and knowledge
contained herein.