Re: mkfs.ext2 - Avinash

Subject: Re: mkfs.ext2 - Avinash
From: david wright (dwright5@nyc.rr.com)
Date: Wed Jan 09 2002 - 23:53:45 MST

> 2. Can i convert a 1 GB HFS+ filesystem (seperate partition, the 6th
> partition of 8 on secondary drive [hdb]) to ext2, without any data loss
> on the other partitions?

Yes. But you will lose all data on your HFS+ partition. You should be
able
to do :
         /sbin/mke2fs /dev/hdb6

Will i only lose data on that specific partition? That partition is
actually empty, but i have much data on the 7 other partitions on the
disk that i would rather not lose, or jeopardize.

(Also, for my clarity, it's the 6th partition on a entire hfs+ disk, so
i think the hdb# will be 14, - usually Apple eats up the first 8 with
some type of automatic formatting, so the First partition able to be
used on a disk of this type is 9)