Re: Cyrus IMAP

Subject: Re: Cyrus IMAP
From: Iain Stevenson (iain@iainstevenson.com)
Date: Thu Jan 10 2002 - 02:22:15 MST

Cyrus IMAP uses a variety of authentication methods and the first thing to
check is that /etc/imapd.conf is set up correctly. There are quite
detailed instructions on how to set up Cyrus IMAP on the Cyrus homepage
http://asg.web.cmu.edu/ and in this
http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Cyrus-IMAP.html Most of my problems boiled
down to incorrect permissions and not any problems with the software itdelf.

You need to be logged in as the cyrus user to use cyradm. Personally, I
found it much easier to use the Mulberry email client to set up accounts
than to struggle wth command line utilities. If you use sieve, then the
websieve package is well worth installing. This manages mail filtering and
vacation messages very effectively.

  Iain

--On Wednesday, January 9, 2002 2:08 pm -0600 Kevin Yen <cyen@mac.com>