How to turn on rsh?

Subject: How to turn on rsh?
From: John Nelson (john@computation.com)
Date: Thu Jan 10 2002 - 18:57:54 MST

All,

I'm having problems with RSH. I can't seem to get it to work on Yellow
Dog either
locally (within the same machine) or over the network. I keep getting
the error "Permission
Denied" which according to the documentation means that the permissions
and username
negotiation failed.

Ok... but why? I have a hosts.equiv file. I have rsh-server installed.
 My xinetd.conf file
even lists machines that are authorized.

Really strange... any problems with YDL RSH that I don't know about? I
have two other
machines whose RSH works well. This one doesn't.

-- John