Re: Problems with a Pismo

Subject: Re: Problems with a Pismo
From: Neill Miller (neillm@thecodefactory.org)
Date: Thu Jan 10 2002 - 18:06:58 MST

On Thu, 10 Jan 2002 14:09:19 -0500
"Ferwerda Darren (app3dxf)" <app3dxf@ups.com> wrote:

> It seems to work in console mode OK. But why would Gnome have a problem
> with the Ram count. I have YDL 2.1 running on an iBook 2 as well with 192M
> and no problems.

The Pismo (and Gnome) shouldn't have problems based on the RAM count. My Pismo has 768MB RAM and I've met someone with 1GB. If you have more than 512MB though, you need to add high memory support when recompiling the kernel or else only 512MB or so can be detected. I've read about your problems, and nothing comes to mind immediately, although the one time I've had Gnome freak out on me, all was well after I renamed the .gnome and .sawfish directories in my home directory (when Gnome wasn't running of course) and then restarted it.

-Neill.

--
http://www.thecodefactory.org/neillm