Re: Bootstrap Icon

Subject: Re: Bootstrap Icon
From: Juan Manuel Palacios (jmpalacios@mac.com)
Date: Thu Jan 10 2002 - 23:40:16 MST

        Hello Stanley, what happened to you is that Norton found a "valid"
HFS partition and therefore mounted it on the desktop. But that beats
the whole purpose of yaboot since the partition cannot be mounted in Mac
OS for it to work. Boot up from the install CD and rerun the "ybin"
command from a terminal to get the partition fixed. I don't suppose
you'll be able to get yaboot working by going into Open Firmware and
resetting the boot device to your yaboot one, since it was mounted. RUn
the command aimed at your yaboot partition and use the -v flag to get
verbose information.

        By the way, that's a great configuration: OSX & 9.2.1 with
YellowDog 2.1. Cool book, exactly the one I have. But hey!, I beat you
there: I have Mac OS 9.2.2, so there! What OSX have you got?!

        Well, give my suggestion I try and tell me how it goes.

        Regards,...

                Juan.