dhcpcd-1.3

Subject: dhcpcd-1.3
From: david wright (dwright5@nyc.rr.com)
Date: Fri Jan 11 2002 - 17:39:35 MST

I am trying to configure (or just set-up) my internet connection. I
have a cable modem (DHCP) My provider is supported through
/usr/share/doc/dhcpcd-1.3*/README. I don't seem to have the dhcpcd-1.3
executable, (the only .exe to run isn't what is mentioned in the
"readme".) (not the one you can download at phystech.com/download)

I know in Red Hat 7.*, you can do this very easily in KDE with a GUI
"Network Settings". There is no "network settings IP" GUI in YDL (that i
have found) i have looked at /etc/sysconfig/network-script/ifcfg-eth0.
I have seen people refer to running "linuxconf" (i don't have this
program and it's not on my YDL distro). I can't seem to find any YDL
specific DHCP cable modem ethernet configuration information. Thanks as
always, also what's a good firewall setup?