Re: dhcpcd-1.3 - thanks -+ firewall?

Subject: Re: dhcpcd-1.3 - thanks -+ firewall?
From: david wright (dwright5@nyc.rr.com)
Date: Fri Jan 11 2002 - 20:47:30 MST

Ahhh,... i would just like to say that i am one happy camper. I am viewing
this page from Konqueror and sending this email from Kmail, for the first
time, YES!,... Well anyway thanks for all the help and guidence,...

Now before my "honey pot is full of bees", does anyone know a good firewall
measure, script, etc,... many of the resources i've found are outdated or
non-relavent? (i.e. http://www.enteract.com/~lspitz/linux.html - i don't
have a /etc/inetd.conf or i don't know what it's been re-named or moved to.
I have been able to close some ports, but would rather have good firewall
set-up. I am on a DHCP so i know i'm fairly secure, i'm also running nothing
web, filesharing, etc-wise, but i'd still be more comfortable with a personal
firewall.