Re: Really disappointed in YDL2.1

Subject: Re: Really disappointed in YDL2.1
From: Mark Jaffe (wizards@wizdev.net)
Date: Sat Jan 12 2002 - 18:32:34 MST

On Sat, 12 Jan 2002, Christopher Murtagh wrote:

> On Sat, 12 Jan 2002, Mark Jaffe wrote:
> >environment? RH on Wintel allows alt-opt-bacskpace or some such keystroke.
>
> This should work on YDL as well, if not, then likely your machine
> crashed, not just X.

X did not crash, it just made a display that was totally unreadable (wrong
synch rate or something.)

> cd /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts
>
> have a look at the file called ifcfg-eth0
>
> cp ifcfg-eth0 to ifcfg-eth1
>
> change the values accordingly, it should be somewhat obvious.
>
> Then
>
> /etc/rc.d/init.d/network restart

Excellent advice, Chris! Just what I needed; worked perfectly!

Mark
Mark Jaffe | (408) 972-9638 (home)
Chief Wizard | (408) 807-1530 (cell/page/voicemail)
Computer Wizards | (425) 795-6421 (FAX)
wizards@wizdev.net | http://www.wizdev.net/