Re: Mail Server

Subject: Re: Mail Server
From: Mark Jaffe (wizards@wizdev.net)
Date: Sat Jan 12 2002 - 23:38:35 MST

On Sat, 12 Jan 2002, Brian Mayton wrote:

> I need help getting my YDL box to be an email server. I've asked this
> before, but every time I've attempted to do so, I've failed. Can anyone
> point me to detailed instructions on how to do this? I'd like something
> that will work with PINE locally, POP3, and IMAP.
>
> Thanks in advance.

sendmail is the daemon that you need to study. It comes installed by
default. But for it to work properly you need a hostname on a domain;
setting it up on a machine without a static IP is not correct.

Mark
Mark Jaffe | (408) 972-9638 (home)
Chief Wizard | (408) 807-1530 (cell/page/voicemail)
Computer Wizards | (425) 795-6421 (FAX)
wizards@wizdev.net | http://www.wizdev.net/