Re: Bootstrap Icon

Subject: Re: Bootstrap Icon
From: Juan Manuel Palacios (jmpalacios@mac.com)
Date: Mon Jan 14 2002 - 12:22:10 MST

        Well I'm happy to hear that you have a working YellowDog 2.1. Then
what you have to do to get rid of the bootstrap's partition icon is
easy. Go into Mac OS 9.2's drive setup and select the drive that has the
partition. In the special menu select the option "Special Functions" (or
something like that, can't remember now since I'm in Mac OS X now) in
which you'll be presented with a number of options that can be applied
to each separate partition on its own. Select the desired partition and
uncheck where it says "Mount at boot time". That will prevent the system
from ever mounting that partition until you choose to. That ought to
take care of the problem. Is yaboot working perfectly even though it was
mounted in the Mac OS? Impressive! that use to be the first cause of
yaboot's failures.

        To find Mac OS 9.2.2 you have to go into the Apple page and select
the software section. There you will see it, but is just a compatibility
upgrade, no new cool features or keyboard shortcuts. Hope I was helpful.

        Regards,...

                Juan.

P.S.: You didn't answer my question, what Mac OS X have you got? Are you
going to beat me there? But hey, it's a great PowerBook! See ya.

On Sunday, January 13, 2002, at 09:22 PM, Stanley Sroka wrote:

Thanks for the reply. YD2.1 runs fine, even after resetting the
bootloader in