Error of -8 on Yaboot

Subject: Error of -8 on Yaboot
From: James Luth (luthj@gcsk12.net)
Date: Wed Jan 16 2002 - 20:03:07 MST

I just downloaded and installed YDL. I followed the installation
instructions pretty much exactly as they are.

Background: I have a NewWorld ROM Mac (G4 PCI Graphics), YDL installed on
partition hdb:12, boot on hdb:10 and swap on hdb:11. When starting up and
hitting "l" in Yaboot, I get an error of "Read error on block. Can't open
config file \\yaboot.conf, error -8".

How would I fix this and why is it doing this?

I'm extremely new at this...like this is the first time I've dealt with a
non Mac-OS/Windows system...

Chris