Re: netatalk can't unregister

Subject: Re: netatalk can't unregister
From: Juan Manuel Palacios (jmpalacios@mac.com)
Date: Thu Jan 17 2002 - 03:23:22 MST

    Can anybody please give mea crash course in using netatalk and atalk
so that I can mount a remote HFS+ volume somewhere in my system? Can it
be done in the first place, mounting the HFS volumes? IS it possible to
do it with HFS+?

    The local network is run off of a DHCP router, so afp would have to
be running on top of TCP/IP. Can this be done with netatalk, for HFS and
HFS+? Can they handle DHCP or do they need static addresses?

    I know that all this could be done with some hard work from mol, for
example. But right now I am needing those volumes mounted quite
urgently and still haven't got mol fully working. Still get the blinking
question mark (I'll figure it outr later). I also know I could dig into
the man pages and work my way from there, as many probably wil tell me,
but as I just said I am sort of urged. That's why I ask for some sort of
quick crash course: just the options needed and the files to tweak in
order to get a remote HFS+ volume mounted over a TCP/IP network using DHCP.

    Thank you all in advance for your help. Sincerely,...

        Juan.