Re: Yellow Dog Linux 2.1 and Power Mac G4 w/Radeon - Absolute newbie

Subject: Re: Yellow Dog Linux 2.1 and Power Mac G4 w/Radeon - Absolute newbie
From: Iain Stevenson (iain@iainstevenson.com)
Date: Thu Jan 17 2002 - 12:49:46 MST

Chris,

You may find it useful to check out my earlier post about the Radeon, I
found that:

- the Radeonfb driver is not perfect but is serviceable - scrolling is a
bit funny
- you're right, the AGP stuff is not needed
- you need a patched version of X (the CVS version did not work for me)
- XF86Config4 needs a few drivers added

  Iain

--On Thursday, January 17, 2002 18:54:38 +0100 Chris Boot