netcfg dials out and then hangs up

Subject: netcfg dials out and then hangs up
From: Srihan M. De Livera (sridel@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Jan 17 2002 - 20:40:06 MST

Following Ren Bourin's advice from December I too found netcfg-2.36 which
shipped with YDL 2.1 to be defective. So I installed a copy of netcfg-2.25
and for the first time was able to get my modem to dial out.

To the best of my knowledge I believe I configured netcfg correctly, however
it does not maintain a connection. It dials out, I hear the handshake, and a
few seconds later it hangs up. This is followed by it redialing. This
process continues until I find out which pid is being used and kill the
appropriate one. I can't deactive it in netcfg as I also get frozen out of
it once I activate.

Anyone got any suggestions I can try?

Thanks,

Srihan De Livera