hide ext2 partition from macos 9?

Subject: hide ext2 partition from macos 9?
From: David Wright (dwright5@nyc.rr.com)
Date: Sat Jan 19 2002 - 00:02:26 MST

Well, this is a Mac OS 9 question but relates to YDL.

 I have 2 IDE ATA drives. My Primary drive contains just applications and
(operating systems). My Secondary drive contains just data. I have 7
partitions on the secondary drive all are HFS+.

My problem is i recently changed one of the partitions from HFS+ to ext2,
the problem is now if i boot into macos 9 (yeah, it doesn't happen much now,
but it still happens) it complains that it can't read that partition and
prompts me to initialize it (or cancel). Well if i cancel, mac starts up
fine and see's all the other partitions, no problem. I know that macos can't
use that partiton, i don't want it to! -

How can i hide it so mac doesn't even see it? unmount? hide? why does it see
it at all? it shouldn't. it can't read it.

It is a real pain to have the prompt if i boot into macos9, (not to mention,
if someone else is using my computer and accidentally chooses "initialize"
all the data on that partition is toast : - ( that would not make me, or
Linux, very happy. Any ideas?

-thanks for your help

-david