RE: Help/Urgent!! --Boot problem

Subject: RE: Help/Urgent!! --Boot problem
From: David Wright (dwright5@nyc.rr.com)
Date: Sat Jan 19 2002 - 00:38:28 MST

Hello,
you wrote:

"I checked the yaboot.conf and it looks correct. It shows MacOS on
/dev/hda5, linux on /dev/hda10. I tried running ybin, which ran, but
seemingly did
nothing. "

- Are you sure that Macos9? X? is /dev/hda5? I have a triple boot system
with macos9, x.1 and YDL 2.1. The first, (usually 6-8 partitions) are
automatically created by mac for it's own use. The first, usually, available
partition as Linux see's it is /dev/hda9. It sound like ybin is working but
finds no operating system at /dev/hda5.