Video problems in the newest PowerBook G4: what's the situation?

Subject: Video problems in the newest PowerBook G4: what's the situation?
From: Riccardo Gusso (grick@libero.it)
Date: Mon Jan 21 2002 - 17:23:36 MST

I just wanted to know at which point is the work to support the ati mobility
radeon in the newest Tibook and if there is a simple way to obtain more than
8 bit colour depth. I would like not to compile kernels or XFree 4.2.0 from
source, if it is possible; I've heard about a pre-compiled kernel that
should work but I don't know if the same is possible for XFree.
Thanks in advance.
Bye.
          Rick