Re: java quesiton

Subject: Re: java quesiton
From: Scott Frankel (leknarf@pacbell.net)
Date: Mon Jan 21 2002 - 22:07:59 MST

I got my Java from the good people at Blackdown (blackdown.org).
For ppc architecture, I believe the most recent port is JDK 1.3.

Download the JDK. Install it somewhere convenient -- someplace
like /usr/local/. Then set some environment variables in your
dot files. (Set'em to reflect your actual location, &c.) i.e.:

    [~/.bash_profile]
        # add java path
        PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/j2sdk1.3Beta/j2sdk1.3/bin/

        # create java classpath
        export CLASSPATH=.:$HOME/classes:./classes

        # create java library path
        export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=.:$HOME/lib:./lib

        # java home
        export JAVA_HOME=/usr/local/j2sdk1.3Beta/j2sdk1.3

I'm no Jexpert; but I've been able to muddle through with this.
Feel free to holler if you have any other questions.

Scott