Re: telnet login and ftp too slow (also: DNS issues)

Subject: Re: telnet login and ftp too slow (also: DNS issues)
From: Zeke Runyon (zrunyon@mac.com)
Date: Tue Jan 22 2002 - 13:58:09 MST

On Tuesday, January 22, 2002, at 03:40 PM, Zeke Runyon wrote:

> /usr/lib/yi/network.py

OK, now I've reduced the pause before login time by one third, because I
removed 2 out of the three bogus entries for nameservers (those two were
optional, the first is required ?).

The problem with a timeout on the lookup of the nameservers seems to be
a logical explanation.

How do I make it so I don't have to deal with DNS servers in the
configuration, and still use my domain name provided by DHS.org so I can
serve a website?

                            ##
# Zeke Runyon, zrunyon@mac.com
# web: communistsquirrel.home.dhs.org (formerly zekeworld)
# Mac OS X 10.1.2 5P48 | OS 9.2.1 | Yellow Dog Linux 2.1
# Communist squirrels shall rule the world.