Re: ISO Burning on Mac with Toast Titanium.

Subject: Re: ISO Burning on Mac with Toast Titanium.
From: Charlie Watts (cewatts@frontier.net)
Date: Wed Jan 23 2002 - 03:07:46 MST

On Wed, 23 Jan 2002, cubisss wrote:

> I Downloaded the file fuji-2.1-20011105-install.iso from
> ftp://ftp.yellowdoglinux.com/pub/yellowdog/iso/
>
> Iım trying to create this CD and not having any luck. According to the other
> messages on the list, this should be really easy. Iım running Mac OS 8.6 and
> using Toast 5.0.2 to burn. I set it on ISO 9660, did not mount the image,
> and dragged the file onto Toast.
> When I drag the .iso onto toast it says ³Toast cannot detect the format of
> ³fuji-2.1-20011105-install.iso². Click continue if you are sure this is a
> valid disk format.

Sounds like your download is broken.

> I tried Disk Copy and Stuffit to mount or expand the .iso file, I know Iım
> not supposed to, but it wonıt mount. How or what am I missing?

Sounds like your download is broken ... how big is it? (in bits/bytes) ?

Some folks had trouble with ftp.yellowdoglinux.com when it first came out
- I don't remember if it was broken downloads or that the whole file
wasn't there. You might try:

ftp://ftp.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/yellowdog/iso/

--
Charlie Watts
cewatts@frontier.net