YDL 2.1 with XClaim VR Pro

Subject: YDL 2.1 with XClaim VR Pro
From: Kevin Lin (kkylin@Math.Berkeley.EDU)
Date: Wed Jan 23 2002 - 11:33:11 MST

Hi! I recently installed YDL 2.1 on a B&W G3. The installer
and the installed kernel both work with 'novideo', but when I
try to use any of the ATI drivers (atyfb, aty128fb, etc), the
screen simply shows some vertical lines, and nothing else seems
to happen after that.

Sound also doesn't work, but everything else (modem, mouse,
keyboard) seems fine. X does run with 'novideo', but I would
like to change resolution, refresh rate, etc. Any ideas? I dug
around the list archives but didn't find anything directly
relevant. Sorry if this has been discussed before.

I have an early B&W G3: It has the ATI XClaim VR Pro, and the
ROM *may* be a slightly earlier version -- Apple System Profiler
says Boot ROM version is 1.1f4. I have not done anything to the
hardware other than put in a second drive and more RAM.

Thanks!

Kevin