Re: access_log?

Subject: Re: access_log?
From: Shawn Dunn (osirusg@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jan 23 2002 - 12:58:20 MST

> To view your log without the IIS server requests:
> cat /var/log/access_log | fgrep -v .exe | fgrep -v .ida | less
>
> Someone suggested blocking those IPs? How do you do this? In the Apache
> server configuration somewhere?

You can either add a rule to IPChains, or the easiest way of all, just add
an entry into /etc/hosts.deny, not sure about scripting for that, but I'm
sure one could bang out a perl or shell script to do it automatically, maybe
even shoot off an automatic e-mail to the admin the afflicted server, just a
thought......

                    --SF