Re: mail on my linux server

Subject: Re: mail on my linux server
From: Zeke Runyon (zrunyon@mac.com)
Date: Thu Jan 24 2002 - 17:51:22 MST

On Friday, January 25, 2002, at 12:02 AM, John Nelson wrote:

> I use fetchmail as my transfer agent. It uses POP3 protocol.
> Install Webmin and configure using Webmin (I advocate Webmin...
> its good). Install both and while you're at it get Firestarter and
> iptables going.

fetchmail: IMAP server ?
Webmin: How do I obtain it and install it ?
What's Firestarter and iptables ?

I'll do IMAP then, I misunderstood you when you said that POP is tedious
with slow internet connections, I thought you meant IMAP. I wanted to
IMAP in the first place :)

> I've made a comprehensive study of MUA and Mozilla is by far the best.

Huh? What's MUA?

Are you talking about clients? I'd like to use Mac OS X's Mail
application, which I use for my other email accounts.

:::

# Zeke Runyon, zrunyon@mac.com
# web: communistsquirrel.home.dhs.org (formerly zekeworld)
# linux: gloin.dyn.dhs.org
# Mac OS X 10.1.2 5P48 | OS 9.2.1 | Yellow Dog Linux 2.1
# Communist squirrels shall rule the world.