Re: mail on my linux server

Subject: Re: mail on my linux server
From: John Nelson (john@computation.com)
Date: Fri Jan 25 2002 - 00:00:37 MST

Eeeeeekk... I probably wasn't clear...

Use Fetchmail to implement POP3 download to your computer, not IMAP.

IMAP is slow and clumsy over slow modems. IMAP is not a replacement
for Fetchmail. Install IMAP RPM for IMAP functionality. I'm just pointing
out that if your link is slow, IMAP may be the slow frustrating way to go.

Webmin can be obtained from: www.webmin.com.

Firestarter is an admin tool that let's you configure the IPTABLES software
firewall. Actually you don't need this if you already have a hardware
firewall.

-- John

John T. Nelson President | Computation.com Inc mail: | john@computation.com company: | http://www.computation.com/ journal of computation: | http://www.computation.org/ _____________________________________________________ "Providing quality IT consulting services since 1992"