Re: Trying so hard to compile the kernels, looks like I am close

Subject: Re: Trying so hard to compile the kernels, looks like I am close
From: ke Svensson (aakesve@algonet.se)
Date: Thu Jan 24 2002 - 19:19:47 MST

Hi guys!

Maybe this excerpt from my /etc/modules.conf may shed some light on ppp
module loading:

alias /dev/ppp ppp_generic
alias char-major-108 ppp_generic
alias tty-ldisc-3 ppp_async
# alias tty-ldisc-14 ppp_synctty
alias ppp-compress-21 bsd_comp
alias ppp-compress-24 ppp_deflate
alias ppp-compress-26 ppp_deflate

Basically I choose all ppp alternatives when configuring my kernel compile.
I have kernel 2.4.16 and ppp 2.4.1.

Regards,

Ake Svensson