Re: access_log?

Subject: Re: access_log?
From: Nathan A. McQuillen (nm@steaky.dhs.org)
Date: Fri Jan 25 2002 - 02:24:27 MST

It isn't httpd that does the blocking -- I figured anybody with an
infected host might have any number of virii poking around, so I just
went all the way and blocked them completely with ipchains.

I do it with a combination of a php script (saved as default.ida, one of
the loophole files both nimda and codered look for) which logs the IP of
any system that requests it and a shell script which runs hourly and just
runs through that list of logged virus hosts and adds a DENY rule to
ipchains for each of them. It takes about a second, and it works great.

And sure, maybe those folks won't be able to read my weblog if they're
blocked. Shucks. ;)

- n2