8500 poor install...

Subject: 8500 poor install...
ShaneHale7@aol.com
Date: Fri Jan 25 2002 - 03:13:11 MST

Hello,

First of all I am new to Linux and to this list. I am in the process of
attempting to set up Yellow Dog 2.0 Pomona on my 8500/150. I have two drives;
a 1gb hosting my OS 9 and a 2g hosting the linux. I have installed Pomona
numerous times without any luck. The best I can do is get into the text
interface.

The main problem right now is that I can't seem to load XFree86 . It gives me
a:

FBIOPUT_VSCREENINFO: Invalid arguement.

Fatal server error:
AddScreen/ScreenInit failed for driver 0
X connection to :0.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown)

Any ideas? I am ordering the Comanion book to help me through the
introduction period. Eventually I would love to run apache and use the
machine as a web server.

Shane Hale