Re: Install Help

Subject: Re: Install Help
From: Joe Villari (joev_nylxs@pipeline.com)
Date: Fri Jan 25 2002 - 06:21:19 MST

Here is the fix I received from the folks at YDL:

Start the installation - only 'install-text' works. Go until you get to the
'Default/Custom' installation page, then switch to the second virtual console
(hold down 'option' & 'control' & 'fn' - in that order - and then hit 'F2').
You'll see the BusyBox> prompt. Now, type

echo 0 > /proc/sys/dev/cdrom/check_media

which will change the value from 1 to 0 (you can cat the file to make sure).
Now switch back to the first virtual console, 'option' & 'control' & 'fn'
then 'F1'. You will be able to continue on and pick the Media, etc.

Hope this helps others going through the same frustrations.

Joe