Re: Darwin-->Linux, Linux-->Darwin

Subject: Re: Darwin-->Linux, Linux-->Darwin
From: William K. Gibson (firstdesk@columbus.rr.com)
Date: Fri Jan 25 2002 - 09:47:16 MST

on 1/23/02 3:30 PM, Timothy A. Seufert at tas@mindspring.com wrote:

> A minor refinement on the idea is to use netatalk to do the
> communication between MOL/Linux -- I have been down the same path and
> found it more convenient than FTP. YMMV.

Yes, yes, I had forgotten about that. Mount your Linux home directory with
Appleshare on the MOL side and copy files that way. The only issue is
whether or not you want to use your home dir on the Linux side to act as a
repository. Or you could just set up a fake user I guess.

--William K. Gibson
1stDesk Systems
firstdesk@columbus.rr.com