Re: Desperate to unsubscribe (tried everything)

From: John Klinck (klinck@ccpo.odu.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 25 2002 - 10:13:19 MST

Larry,

  I had similar problems with other lists. The issue seems to be (and I am not
really an expert here) is that when you subscribe, the automatic system may use
a different email address, for example using the specific node name from a
distributed system, than it gets from the unsubscribe. This may occur due to
changes in your mail system or due to the way the mailer was set up.

email came from klinck@ccpo.odu.edu. I had to ask the administrator to remove me
from the list. Sometimes you can change your own subscription name. Even sending
mail from node kuroshio did not solve the problem.

  I am not sure why this happens or whos problem it is (the lists or the local
mailer).

  John

>You are exactly right. I have that original email. That's how I know
>I am doing things right. Could the system not be working
>correctly????? I have taken your advice and have sent an email to the
>blow address asking for help. Lets see what happens now.
>
>>This info was on the mailing you recieved when you first subscribed.
>>For future reference, on any list (not just this one), keep the
>>relevant eMail.

John M. Klinck
Center for Coastal Physical Oceanography
Department of Ocean, Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
Old Dominion University
Norfolk, Virginia 23529
phone: 757 683-6005, fax: 757 683-5550 email: klinck@ccpo.odu.edu