RE: G4 TI Power Book X Configuration

Subject: RE: G4 TI Power Book X Configuration
From: Jonathan Singer (jsinger@genome.wi.mit.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 25 2002 - 12:50:22 MST

>Sounds like a plan. Should include the fact you also need to:
>
>Start the installation - only 'install-text' works.

Actually, the regular install worked for me....

>Now switch back to the first virtual console, 'option' & 'control' & 'fn'
>then 'F1'. You will be able to continue on and pick the Media, etc.

Also, at least in my case, I needed to upgrade to XFree 4.2 to get X working properly.

>To get the CD to work. GEEEEEEEZ

Here, cdparanoia+bladeenc seems to produce usable MP3 rips from CD. The sound is another matter, though.

The easiest way is to download the prebuilt kernel from http://www.ppckernel.org/. It's straightforward to install.