Re: mail on my linux server

Subject: Re: mail on my linux server
From: Zeke Runyon (zrunyon@mac.com)
Date: Fri Jan 25 2002 - 15:08:47 MST

On Friday, January 25, 2002, at 03:28 AM, John Nelson wrote:

> Fetchmail is compatible with sendmail (actually they're functionally
> orthogonal). I
> recommend using Webmin to configure it. Once you have Webmin installed
> it should
> be a breeze to iterate over every server and configuration on your
> machine to make sure
> its all running right.

Well, it seems I do have fetchmail installed. I got webmin and have been
playing around with it, it's sweet.

I want to fetch mail from my user account set up with sendmail that I
check with pine at the moment from a POP3 mail client (on another
machine(s)). How do I configure fetchmail for this in webmin? There's
all this stuff I don't understand there when I add Fetchmail server for
user. Run through the stuff for me and tell me what to do.

thanks for the help!

:::

# Zeke Runyon, zrunyon@mac.com
# web: communistsquirrel.home.dhs.org (formerly zekeworld)
# linux: gloin.dyn.dhs.org
# Mac OS X 10.1.2 5P48 | OS 9.2.1 | Yellow Dog Linux 2.1
# Communist squirrels shall rule the world.