Install Woes - Please Help

Subject: Install Woes - Please Help
From: Joe Villari (joev_nylxs@pipeline.com)
Date: Sat Jan 26 2002 - 14:11:39 MST

After another 8 hours of initializing, partitioning and reloading,
I'm no closer to getting YDL 2.1 usable on my TI G4 PowerBooK.

Where I'm at right now is I can boot to a command prompt and login as
either root or my user account.

I need to upgrade the kernel so X works properly. I need to be able
to mount the cdrom or my hfs hd in order to copy over the downloaded
prebuilt kernel. I was at one point able to mount the hfs hd by
using, mount -t hfs /dev/hda /mnt/cdrom and access all the
directories and files. Now when I try this I get "hfs_fs: WARNING:
mounting unclean device" error. When I cd into /mnt/cdrom my files
are gone.

I cannot mount the cdrom at all. mount -t iso9660 /dev/cdrom
/mnt/cdrom, mount -t hfs /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom or any other fs
returns a wrong medium type error; no matter what cd is in the drive.

Anyone have the answers here?

At this point I'm thinking YDL SUCKS, and willing to forget this
endeavor and keep my trusty P90 laptop running SuSE and sell this
laptop on ebay.

Thanks
Joe