Finally got the modem working, but...

Subject: Finally got the modem working, but...
From: Dylan Ward (dylan.@esatclear.ie)
Date: Sat Jan 26 2002 - 15:38:52 MST

First, thanks to all those who replied to my first questions. The
advice was invaluable.
Second, to make a long story short:

I loaded YDL 2.0 on my PowerBook G4. Restarted and all was well until I
tried to connect to the internet. I couldn't get Kppp (or any other
program for that matter) to recognise the modem. After a few questions
too this mailing lists and a search through the archives, nothing was
able to fix the problem. YDL 2.1 was just released so I thought I would
get my hands on a copy and hopefully solve my modem trouble. Well it
did just that (HAPPY DAYS!!! or is it?). I opened Kppp, set it up,
connected to the internet and... YES!!! IT WORKED!!! So, with my new
found happiness I proceeded to Mozilla and opened
  it up. I configured all necessary options, clicked on the home button
and... WHAT?!? It connects to my ISP but doesn't let any of my programs
communicate (oh joy...).

If any one can relieve my frustration and provide an answer to this
problem, I will be forever grateful.

Sincerely,

Dylan Ward