Re: Need GATOS drivers compiled for Yellow Dog Linux PLEASE!! X-(

Subject: Re: Need GATOS drivers compiled for Yellow Dog Linux PLEASE!! X-(
From: Avinash Gupta (agupta@mediaone.net)
Date: Sun Jan 27 2002 - 06:58:15 MST

I have been having "squashed display" problems when trying to play back DVD's
on my G4 with ATI Rage 128. Apparently, this should be fixed by using the
GATOS drivers, but they only seem to have x86 binaries on their site.
(http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=12629&release_id=64081).

IMHO, the only way to get these drivers at the moment is to recompile X
yourself (But I may be wrong ...).

Best of Luck!

-- Avinash Gupta (agupta@mediaone.net)