Re: Strange date problem

Subject: Re: Strange date problem
From: Zeke Runyon (zrunyon@mac.com)
Date: Sun Jan 27 2002 - 07:18:49 MST

On Sunday, January 27, 2002, at 01:51 AM, Åke Svensson wrote:

> I just had that problem too on my PPC7600 but hat was because I nulled
> the
> cuda switch. But as an old mac geek I know that when you get the date
> 1956-08-xx your battery definetaly is out if you haven't done anything
> else
> like resetting PRAM or the cuda switch (usually done when upgrading
> with a
> new g3/G4 card). But can you set the date from within linux? I had to
> start
> in macos and correct the date and then it was OK again, at least as
> long my
> battery holds out.

I can set the date in linux, I think... Something's holding the right
time ("system time"?) but maybe that goes away after a restart. I'll
have to get a new battery soon I guess... RadioShack #23-026 - $10.99.

I haven't messed with the PRAM or the cuda switch. What is the cuda
switch exactly? Like a super-hard reset?

Thanks for the help,
zeke

:::

# Zeke Runyon, zrunyon@mac.com
# web: communistsquirrel.home.dhs.org (formerly zekeworld)
# linux: gloin.dyn.dhs.org
# Mac OS X 10.1.2 5P48 | OS 9.2.1 | Yellow Dog Linux 2.1
# Communist squirrels shall rule the world.