Where is iptables in YDL 2.1 distro?

Subject: Where is iptables in YDL 2.1 distro?
From: Alexander Holst (holst@fh-pforzheim.de)
Date: Mon Jan 28 2002 - 04:16:30 MST

Hi everyone,

I've recently received my YDL package with the tree CDs, and installed an
old G3/233/DT as an internet gateway - runs smooth like a Swiss watch!

The default installation does still install ipchains, despite the 2.4.x
series kernel. I know it works through modprobe ipchains, but would like to
use iptables in the near future, as all I read about it, it is supposed to
be better than ipchains.

Where is the rpm for iptables in the 2.1 distro? I couldn't find it on
either the install nor the extra CD.

Besides the rpm, where could one find good docs on how to migrate from
ipchains to iptables?

TIA

Alexander Holst
SysAdmin MacLabor Visuelle Kommunikation
Pforzheim University of Applied Sciences
Germany
ph.: +49 [0]7231 28-6837
fx.: +49 [0]7231 28-6040
<holst@fh-pforzheim.de>