Re: Where is iptables in YDL 2.1 distro?

Subject: Re: Where is iptables in YDL 2.1 distro?
From: Keary Suska (hierophant@pcisys.net)
Date: Mon Jan 28 2002 - 09:22:37 MST

on 1/28/02 4:16 AM, holst@fh-pforzheim.de purportedly said:

> Where is the rpm for iptables in the 2.1 distro? I couldn't find it on
> either the install nor the extra CD.

It isn't there. For whatever reason or lack thereof, YDL did not include
one. You will need to download and compile the iptables program. I believe
you will find it at netfilter.samba.org. Make sure you read all the
readme's. The installation may want to patch your kernel source, and you may
not want to do this unless the patches are needed. In my experience, the
compilation went without a hitch. If you are set on an RPM, you can look on
yellowdoglinux.com to see if they finally made one, or check rpmfind.net for
a PPC compatible version or a source RPM.

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.