Re: Mounting HFS HD

Subject: Re: Mounting HFS HD
From: Ben Jansen (ydl@kristamin.com)
Date: Mon Jan 28 2002 - 15:30:09 MST

> I was able to mount the HFS portion of my dual boot G4 TI
PowerBook. I
> am no longer able to do this. I keep getting an unclean filesystem
> error which usually means an hfs+ partition, right? I've
> re-intialized the drive a couple of times to make sure it was MAC OS
> standard.

The only time I've ever had problems mounting HFS drives was when I
forgot to compile HFS support into the kernel. It didn't give me the error
you described, though.

> Is mounting the hfs portion of the HD not stable? Not possible?

On all my linux boxes I have my macos partition automount via /etc/
fstab, and use it whenever I change kernels, so I'm pretty sure it's
stable.

> Thanks
> Joe

- Ben Jansen