Problem with GDM on startup

Subject: Problem with GDM on startup
From: Rich Dolinsky (r.e.dolinsky@verizon.net)
Date: Mon Jan 28 2002 - 18:06:11 MST

I just installed Yellow Dog and upon startup everything goes fine until gdm
tries to startup. It gives me an error that gdm was already running but it
was mysteriously murdered. This error happens over and over again. Is
there any way to bypass this without having to try and reinstall. If I do
reinstall I am going to try and use a text login mode rather than a gui
based one, so it would be greatly appreciated if someone knew the answer.
This is because this computer is being used by my roommates as well and I do
not want to have to have them type their names in.. They are not the most
computer literate people and might get confused.