Re: Can't get secondary NIC up

Subject: Re: Can't get secondary NIC up
From: Geert Janssens (geert.janssens3@pandora.be)
Date: Tue Jan 29 2002 - 04:35:32 MST

Hello Keary,

With the new card installed, your built-in ethernet card probably
changed interface numbers. Before you installed the new nic, it likely
was eth0, now it is eth1.

You had configured eth0 to use dhcp before. With the new card added, you
have to configure eth1 for dhcp.

My experience also suggests that pump doesn't work. 'dhcpd' however
works fine for for me. You can try that one. It comes with the YDL
installation CD.

There is one thing. If both pump and dhcpd are installed, the network
configuration scripts will by default try to use pump. So either
uninstall pump or remove the executable permissions of /sbin/pump and
you should be set.

Cheers,
Geert