Re: VNC Viewer/Server for Yellowdog

Subject: Re: VNC Viewer/Server for Yellowdog
From: SFaulken (sfalken@citlink.net)
Date: Tue Jan 29 2002 - 08:17:06 MST

> vnc-3.3.3r1-mendenhall.ppc.rpm
>

> It would be nice if YDL thought about including it in their distro, since
> at the moment, due to the incomplete support of video on the ANS, this is
> the only way, to work on my ANS using a GUI - and it works great! Only
> caveat: in 16bit colours, you get funky colours on the Mac but 8bit and
> 24bit work fine =8]
>
> BTW, I tried several different rpms for ppc architecture, but only this one
> gave me usable colours, all the others I tried, screwed up colours in any
> depth.

Actually, I thought of rpmfind right after I shot off the message to the
mailing list yesterday, found it, and grabbed vnc-3.3.3-4.ppc.rpm, an it's
working fine, not even seeing any odd colours like your reporting, and both
my YDL box and the MacOS7.5.5 machine are running at 16bpp. (using the YDL
machine to look at the mac os on my Performa 6205)

                        --Shawn