video support on 933Mhz G4

Subject: video support on 933Mhz G4
From: Chris Plummer (cj.plummer@Sun.COM)
Date: Tue Jan 29 2002 - 16:50:02 MST

I'm about to buy a 933Mhz G4. I have a choice of the NVIDIA GeForce4 MX or the
ATI Radeon 7500 dual video cards. I have an old 20" AppleVision monitor. What
are the prospects for getting video working with YDL on this system? Does it
matter which video card I choose, or are the both equally unsupported and/or
both have the same (lack of) chance of getting supported in the near future?

Also, I have an old IMS Twin Turbo card that I've been using with LinuxPPC on my
8500 for a few years now. If the stock video cards aren't going to work in the
G4, will I have any luck with the IMS card?

If all of the above is hopeless, is there another video card I can purchase that
will work?

Chris Plummer