Installing Mac HFS on an existing YDL disk?

Subject: Installing Mac HFS on an existing YDL disk?
From: John Nelson (john@computation.com)
Date: Tue Jan 29 2002 - 18:26:29 MST

All,

Can I install Mac HFS partitions on a disk with existing YDL partitions?
Mac OS warns that ALL partitions will be whiped if I dod this under Mac OS
so that leaves my other alternative as using hformat on a phoney partition
I set up on the disk. I'm a little leery of doing this though.

Any recommendations? Can I use hfromat to set up one HFS partition (and
remove all those extraneous partitions like Macintosh, Apple Patches,
etc)?

-- John